Welcome to Metro Hardwoods "We Make Green Easy"
Metro Hardwoods stocks the largest selection of sustainable or “Green”, industrial building materials anywhere in the Midwest. Whether it is a regional green building program, LEED registered project, or any other rating system, Metro is prepared to deliver the compliant materials.
California Air Resources Board (CARB), Air Toxic Control Measure (ATCM) to Reduce Formaldehyde Emissions from Composite Wood Products, is also top of mind for manufactures and fabricators of wood products; in part, because it is the most stringent regulation for formaldehyde in composite wood products in the U.S. to date. Metro stocks CARB Compliant materials and can assist in implementing the proper procedures in your business as well.
Metro sales staff can offer expert advice for all your product needs, including help in selecting the right products for LEED or other rating systems. We also offer advice from our on-staff LEED AP.
How Does Metro Hardwoods Make Green Easy?
- Metro Hardwoods stocks “Green Building Products” that a cabinet shop, millwork house or commercial fixture firm will need for compliance with green building programs.
- Our staff, understands and can explain the different green building programs and help you select proper materials to meet your client’s needs.
- Metro Hardwoods can educate your sales staff about the use of sustainable products, and the various green building programs to help improve their marketing efforts.
- Our on-staff LEED AP BD+C, Kay Stoebe, is available to assist with your projects. Having worked in the wood products industry for more than 15 years and as a LEED AP since 2006; Kay has extensive experience with the LEED BD+C intents and requirements related to wood products. She has been helpful from the design stage to the end of the building process. Whether it is selection of wood credits that best fit your project, to the sourcing of regional materials, or calculations for LEED submittals, Kay will help you understand the best path. In some cases, she may even help save money.
- Metro Hardwoods purchases in bulk by rail from North America’s top manufacturers of industrial wood-based products. Shipping by rail creates multiple benefits, including energy savings — in the evaluation of regional materials, according to the ASHRE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2009, rail or water shipment mileage is calculated at 25% of other methods. Along with the energy savings, rail allows us to carry a vast breadth and depth of inventory for next day delivery with competitive prices.